School Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
The Frances Jacobson Early Childhood Center (FJECC) at Temple Israel of Boston is a preschool that is devoted to early educational excellence for children between the ages of 21 months and 5 years of age, located in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area. We have an Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant opening for an experienced, highly skilled professional who is looking to join an energetic and creative team. The Office Coordinator will work closely with the Director and Assistant Director in managing the administrative aspects of the school. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Communicating with parents and teaching staff
· Processing of accounts payable/receivable using QuickBooks Online
· Assisting with employee benefits management, answering/directing phone calls
· Editing and proofreading documents
· Tracking fundraising and admissions
· Managing student and parent contact lists using Excel spreadsheets
Candidates will have experience in a school or people-oriented environment with a strong focus on customer service and flexibility. We value a high level of attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy, the ability to work independently, and a warm, welcoming “can-do” attitude.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· A minimum of 3 years’ administrative support experience
· Experience with QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software
· Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills along with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced technical and software skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Procare or similar school database program – or basic database experience with proven ability to learn school-specific program)
· Sense of humor and enjoys being around children
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, health and dental insurance, paid holidays and time off, and additional benefits. Visit our website at www.fjecc.org to learn more about our center.
This is a full-time, calendar year position, with optimal start date July 2019. Send a cover letter and resume to Jenny Gamson, Assistant Director and Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.